Auto technicians occasionally are thought to be dishonest to customers, making unnecessary repairs and upcharging items. Instilling trust in your customers starts with the technicians.
If you're looking to make changes to the staff and bring in more business with honesty, set up an interview with prospects and ask the questions below. Hopefully they will help you determine who will be the best fit at your business.
- Please describe your experience working with cars.
- Explain career aspirations
- Tell me about a time at work where you were faced with a problem with a customer and how you handled it
- A customer asks you a question about a section of the store that you don't know that much about, what steps would you follow to proceed to help the customer?
- How can you make a difference in our shop?
- Describe an occasion when you went above and beyond for a customer.
- How would you respectfully handle explaining car repairs and charges for a less-informed customer?
- What is your biggest weakness?