Cleaners or janitorial staff are a necessity in most aspects of life, but especially when running a business. Whether you're a cleaning business yourself, or just looking to hire custodial staff individually, there are a few important things to find out.
A tireless work ethic is a good start, but they also must be efficient in the work. If you want to get the best value of work, find out prospective custodians' experience and more with the following questions.
- How do you handle working during off-hours before or after business hours?
- Why do you want to work here?
- What is your experience with cleaning supplies and machinery?
- Do you work well in a team? If so, why?
- What is something you can take from this experience and apply it to your future career or goals?
- What's a weakness you have and how do you deal with it?
- Do you consider yourself to be attentive to detail?