Your staff of construction workers is the key to success or failure in a project. Working efficiently and thoroughly is crucial to completing a site in a safe and timely manner. If that's not the case for you, perhaps it's time to wonder if more workers are needed.
There are plenty of construction workers, but it's not always the easiest to find the ones qualified for particular jobs. Besides journeyman and apprenticeships, verified experience isn't always a given. During the interview process is the best time to really find out more about a candidate however. Ask the questions below and see who makes the cut.
- Have own tools?
- Experience? Journeyman/apprenticeship
- Why can you be trusted to work at a site without supervision?
- How do you handle working on a tight schedule?
- What are you looking for at this job?
- Any certifications or specialties?
- Describe educational background
- Could you write a step-by-step homebuilding process?
- List shortcomings