Hiring the best and brightest ice cream scoopers can make or break your business. For most counter-service establishments, the employees are the faces of your brand. Their dispositions will directly influence the experience your customers receive. Finding and retaining talent in an industry with a traditionally high turnover rate can be difficult without adequate knowledge of the position and what kind of candidates said position usually attracts. However, it's far from impossible.
Asking the right questions, ideally open-ended ones, during the interview process can help you as a business owner to effectively differentiate between the legitimate and illegitimate candidates. Listed below are some appropriate interview questions to ask potential ice cream scoopers. Pick your favorites and reap the benefits from your establishment's success.
- Explain a time you've dealt with a difficult customer and handled the situation.
- Explain how you handle working under pressure(e.g. Morning rush, understaffed shift)
- How would you handle working with a difficult coworker?
- What was one of the hardest decisions you had to make at your past job and what was hard about it?
- What does good customer service look like to you?
- What are your career plans? Would you leave this position if a more lucrative opportunity exists elsewhere?
- What can you bring to this business that is lacking?
- What about your personality makes you easy to work with others?