The backbone of any office, a qualified receptionist is part of the recipe for success. While informed and personable, they also need to be unflappable enough to handle multitasking. Finding an adequate candidate to fill that position can be a daunting task but is well worth it.
If you're still on the lookout for that employee, then view the questions below and ask them to interviewees during your next hiring round.
- Explain a time you had to multitask and handled it
- What does customer service mean to you?
- What do you think is the most essential skill to be the best receptionist and why?
- Explain your organizational process.
- How would you deal with disgruntled customers either in person or via the phone?
- Explain a time you've had a disagreement with your boss and what you did to solve it
- What software are you comfortable using or have experience with?